Online Module Academic Integrity now available for teachers and students VU
Acting with integrity is a basic condition for studying and doing research at the VU. But what exactly does acting with integrity mean at the university? Oxford University has developed an online module in which students become familiar with this. Academic integrity is looked at from many angles and there is a lot of attention for dilemmas and grey areas. Gjalt de Graaf, Professor of Integrity of Academic Education at the VU, has been involved in the development of this online Academic Integrity module.
The module is now free to use for all students and staff of VU and VUmc.
To do so, you need to proceed as follows:
- First request the VU registration token via this link by providing your VU student e-mai laddress.
- After submitting, you will receive the token in your mailbox. If there is a problem here, mail to email@example.com.
- Then go to this link: https://courses.epigeum.com/.
- Click on the user menu (the ‘person’-icon in the top right corner of the screen) and then on “Register”.
- Fill in the registration form – IMPORTANT – you must use one of the following e-mail domains: @vu.nl, @student.vu.nl or @amsterdamumc.nl.
- Fill in the previously requested token in the relevant field of the registration form.
- After registering with Epigeum you will receive an activation e-mail at the e-mail address you entered during registration. Click on the link in the activation email to complete the registration and activate your account. NOTE: If you do not receive the email in your inbox, please check your SPAM/junk mail. You can also resend the activation email using this link.
- Once you have activated your account, you will be able to login using your chosen username and password combination. You will see the Epigeum Program in the My Courses screen (if you did not enter the token during registration, or if you want to enter a second token, use the Enter token button in the user menu).
- Click on a program to see a list of available courses, and on a specific course to start it. Once a course is successfully completed (i.e. by completing 80% or more at the end of the course quiz), you can download your unique Certificate of Completion.
- If you need more help, please visit the help page or contact the Epigeum customer support team via this web form.