The VU Education Lab has hired additional student-assistants as of 1 July 2020. They will be able to provide lecturers from all faculties with advice and assistance in preparing the education for the Academic Year 2020-2021. The student-assistants of the VU Education Lab assist and advise on the design of Canvas and the use of specific tools. From their student perspective, they can also indicate what would be good to introduce in education.
How can a faculty make use of the services of student assistants?
- Through the faculty. The first point of contact for support in the preparation of your teaching is through your faculty. If you and your faculty contact person for Online Education, policy officer or programme director agree that you need a little extra help for a specific job (e.g. an online workshop or advice for a group of lecturers), the faculty contact person will contact us. We will then determine together which student-assistant is available as soon as possible. The available student-assistant will then contact you to see what is needed and whether the student-assistant can be put to good use. We try to cluster student-assistants per faculty as much as possible, but they are managed from the VU Education Lab.
- Through the (online) workshops of the VU Education Lab. Meet the student-assistants at the workshops organised by VU NT&L. These workshops can be found via the event list of the VU Education Lab. The workshops deal with a more specific theme, but often there is plenty of room for questions and answers.
- Through the question-box of VU NT&L. You can ask your question via this form. Questions will be sent to LEARN! Academy, the AVC, the people behind online proctoring or to the VU Education Lab. Depending on your question, it will be answered by an expert or by student-assistants.
- Through an e-mail to the VU Education Lab.
Support from your faculty
If you want to send a question directly to the Canvas support of your own faculty, please use the general canvas email addresses at the bottom of this page.
Names of the faculty support staff
Contacts for support staff Online education (Corona):
|ACTA||Diana Razab Sekhfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|FGB||Anja de Koningemail@example.com|
- University Library – Cees van Gent – firstname.lastname@example.org