University-wide projects affect many parts of teaching. They have their own funding and separate project leaders. Examples of these projects are:
- 3D@VU – 3D is the location at the campus where everything revolves around Dialogue, Debate and Diversity.
- A Broader Mind – In the A Broader Mind Course you discover your role in society, now and in the future.
- Aurora – Aurora is a European university network platform for learning from and with each other.
- Diversity – We train our students to see things from a broader perspective.
- Development Program Junior lecturers – The DPJ is an opportunity for creative and talented junior lecturers.
- Mixed Classroom – This educational approach builds upon differences to enrich learning experiences.
- Pre-University College – Secondary schools and VU work together to prepare students for their studies.
- Virtual Reality – Research and education come together in immersive VR environments.
Educational Innovation Projects Network
The Educational Innovation Projects Network consists of people who work as a project leader. This group meets four times a year to exchange knowledge, advise each other and discuss future activities.
Currently this group consists of the following people:
- Theo Bakker (VUdata)
- Yvonne Berkhoff (Studeren met een functiebeperking)
- Gerhard van de Bunt (VU NT&L)
- Maiza Campos Ponce (Junior Docenten)
- Miranda van Holland (3D@VU)
- Wendy Maat (International Office)
- Loes Mulders (Pre-University College)
- Isabella van Ophem (OKP)
- Esmee Paques (Aurora)
- Siema Ramdas (Mixed Classroom)
- Nynke Rodenhuis (A Broader Mind)
- Marieke Slootman (Chief Diversity Officer Education)
- Marjolein Zweekhorst (Community Service Learning)