The Aurora Alliance helps European universities provide a diverse student population with the skills and mindset needed to contribute as social entrepreneurs and innovators to address societal challenges.
The Aurora Alliance was created from the already established Aurora Universities Network, established in 2016 as a consortium of 9 highly regarded, research-intensive universities in the EU, committed to social impact and community engagement:
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Grenoble-Alpes University (France)
- University of Aberdeen (Scotland)
- University of Antwerp (Belgium)
- University of Bergen (Norway)
- University of Duisberg-Essen (Germany)
- University of East Anglia (England)
- University of Gothenburg (Sweden)
- University of Iceland
These institutions all share the same vision and a shared mission to make a real difference in the international community.
On January 23, 2020, the Meet up to Speed up event was held in Amsterdam. Its purpose was to bring together academic staff from the Alliance to discuss in small groups the possibilities for joint forms of educational programs.
With the approval of an Aurora European Universities Alliance by the European Commission, joint activities were taken to a new level in the summer of 2020.