- Dit evenement is voorbij.
Data Horrorweek 26 – 30 October – Research Data Management Support Team (University Library)
28 oktober 2020 @ 13:00 - 14:00
One event on 29 oktober 2020 at 15:30
Invitation from the Research Data Management Support Team of the University Library:
We – the RDM Support team of the UB – invite you to take part in the Data Horror Week that we organize 26-30 October! The week of Halloween is the week when scary things happen, when horror stories take place, when horror stories are told. This includes our academic horror stories, which we fear, but do not often talk about. Pity, because these stories can teach us a lot about responsible research practices, and, specifically, good data management.
Would you like to join us? There are several ways to take part:
- Come to the online Data Conversations meeting: Open Science, Responsible Research Practices, Failures, Setbacks and Resilience on October 28th, 13:00-14:00. We will talk about the research culture, responsible research practices, and the importance of failures. Research transparency is unthinkable without a safe space to acknowledge and discuss errors and mistakes.
- Play along with the online Data Horror Escape Room on October 29th, 15:30 – 17:00
You don’t need any prior knowledge to play this game, but a sense of humor, a mindful attitude, and anything to ward off ghosts are required.
- Read the creepy stories around data management and the positive lessons learned: www.vu.nl/datahorror
- Share your own story with the VU community.
We look forward to celebrating the Data Horror Week together with you! ?
On behalf of the Research Data Management Support Team,
Elisa Rodenburg and Lena Karvovskaya